Current Openings at First Church
Accountability: Supervised by the Office Manager and Staff Parish Relations Committee
Time Required: Regular Full Time – 30-35 hours per week
Duties and Responsitilities:
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the Pastoral, Program, and Administrative staff.
- Assists Office Manager with vendor and member contacts, data collection for reports, and other administrative tasks.
- Handles ordering materials for classes and small groups as well as follow through on returns if needed.
- Keeps membership computer database current and accurate and serves as the primary resource person for maintenance and retrieval of data in the membership and attendance modules of the database. This includes Baptisms, Deaths and new memberships.
- Keeps church calendar current and accurate and provides daily activity sheets for Downtown and weekly calendars for both locations. Also, provides updated calendars to staff at the first staff meeting of each month.
- Assists the Facilities Manager with building use requests by following up on the paperwork and any instructions for the event.
- Prepares letters, memos, reports, large mailings, and other documents as requested by the Pastor, staff, and lay leadership of the church.
- Answers telephone and greets and assists visitors as needed when they enter the church office in a respectful, pleasant, and friendly manner.
- Receives requests for information from staff, members, and non-members of the church; secures or generates the needed data; responds to the requesting party.
- Plans for annual cycle of office projects and sees that they are done in a timely manner.
- Stays current on bulk mailing supplies and church mailing procedures to be efficient.
- Assists the Media Manager on updating staff, news and community bulletin boards throughout the church.
- Schedules and works closely with church volunteers which includes delegating office responsibilities to volunteers.
- Coordinates use of kitchen facilities and does daily inspection and light clean-up in those areas. Additionally, handles ordering and securing paper goods for dinners and other organized church activities.
- Responsible for compiling annual information booklet for Annual Church Conference.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply, contact Linda Edman with a filled-out application (found here) and your resumé if you choose at email@example.com, or stop by our Downtown church office.
Children’s Ministry Assistant
Accountability: Supervised by the Director of Children’s Ministries
Time Required: 6 – 8 hours per week, Sundays (including holidays) plus some weekday or evening hours, with potential additional hours for big weeklong events. Paid hourly
Ministry Focus: All programs, events, and workshops for children, birth though the 5th grade
Weekly Sunday Programs
- Children’s Time and Children’s Church at West Campus
- Children’s Sunday School Downtown and West Campus
- Big Seasonal Children’s and Families Events
- Spring- Easter Celebrations
- Summer- Vacation Bible School
- Fall- Family Events
- Winter- Christmas Programs
- Short-term weekend or weekday workshops, classes or special events
- Example: 3rd grade Bible
Partnership: able to work cooperatively with and assist the Director of Children’s Ministries Leadership: visible, active, and engaged leader during ministry programs and events
Good Role Model: works to follow the example of Christ, in attitude, word, and deed
Trustworthy: acquire and maintain Safe Gatherings Certification and follow safety procedures
Dependable: regular attendance and involvement in Children’s Ministry programs and events
Ministry Assistant Duties:
Assist Director with the following
• Recruiting, training, and scheduling children’s ministry volunteers
• Planning, evaluating, and preparing lesson plans and curriculum
• Organizing, maintaining, and preparing ministry supplies
• Promoting opportunities for children and families in the church
• Creating Promotional Displays and Children’s Ministry Bulletin Boards
• Providing consistent leadership, able to lead Children’s Church, deliver Children’s Sermons, and to lead and assist volunteer staff in their ministry with children